Driv News

Driv Kapital enters a partnership with Medicus

Driv Kapital Fund I has acquired 47% of the shares in Medicus Group, while the founders and management will retain ownership of the remaining 53%.

Terje Sørdal, a pioneering and highly respected gynecologist, established a specialized women's health clinic in Trondheim in 1997. Through an unwavering focus on patient experience, medical quality, and state-of-the-art equipment, Medicus delivers the best available treatments to individuals seeking advice and assistance on their journey to parenthood. Today, Medicus stands as a leading provider of IVF-related services, with four top-quality clinics in Trondheim, Oslo, Stavanger, and Bergen. In recent years, Medicus has successfully expanded its offerings to include services such as iron infusions and endoscopy examinations, building on its reputation as a provider of high-quality specialized services. Medicus is now one of the largest private providers of endoscopy services in Norway.

Under this new partnership, Medicus will seek to expand its range of services and clinics while further developing the organization.

The closing of the transaction took place in June 2023.

Driv Kapital Fund I was advised by DLA Piper and PwC.

For inquiries, please contact:

Fredrik Bysveen, Co-founder Driv Kapital
Telephone: +47 98 22 85 68
email: ftb@drivkapital.no